11 February 2009

In The Valley of The Dolls


I've got pills, a lot of them.
There's a mango wood tray on my side table, heaped with boxes, tubs, bottles, strips, plastic pockets full of pills: Shiny, matte, pale blue, shocking pink, blood red and yellow. Ovals, and diamonds and bullet shaped.
On the right of my bathroom sink is a cupboard, there the labelled boxes sit, cool and safe. A veritable pharmacy.
Beside my bed, in the terry cloth bag, with the blue 'j'adore dior' embroidered on it, is stashed yet more. My travelling case has a Hello Kitty pill box, quite large.
I wish I wasn't such hypochondriac; It is rather tiresome.

6 comments:

  1. i love the word hypochondriac, though as you say, it must be tiresome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. earth to g.g: just distract yourself from being a hypochondriac to becoming a nymphomaniac?

    ReplyDelete
  3. g:g to brainwave.
    i prefer being a hypochondriac.
    thanks, and i still love you more than pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just re-read the Valley of the Dolls this summer. What a book, as "real" and enjoyable as I remembered it to be 20 yrs ago. xx LadyR

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so fascinating.

    are they pill pills - you know, prescription strength - or are they more like new agey vitamins and dietary supplements that you buy from holistic healers and/or patchouli-scented homeopaths? i have a strong inkling that it's the former, but i just need to ask...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anon: You guessed rightly. It's all prescription strength - i'm a sad hypochondriac. it gets worse with age unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete