01 March 2009

Merlion Madness

Last night, I was so wasted that at 2am, they put me in a cab. I remembered Label Loving Lorem saying "Mercedes cab some more"; not the sort of thing I noticed but at least the cab didn't smell funky. I was beyond noticing anything anyway, but taxi uncle started in to chat. I mean, he really hit it, and not only did he do a monologue, he demanded my response. Taxi uncle kept turning around to look at me for answers. Couldn't he tell I was way gone. I was only holding my head with both my hands , possibly drooling as well, and he wanted me to have a conversation? Why was he so chirpy at 2 in the morning?
"You know the Merlion was hit?
"Resession, someone pissed of throw beer bottle broke the Merlion head.
"You din know? Never hear news no one told you ah?
"Merlion head break got one hole not good luck.
"Very bad luck already bad luck this year resession
"No la, not someone throw beer bottle la I joke it was lightning strike the Merlion head (laughs).
"Very bad luck you know like this?"
My god.
Is champagne very fattening? I think I had a little bit to drink.

2 comments: