18 July 2009

Weekend Reading List


I'm studying Lonely Planet's Thailand's Islands and Beaches (which I borrowed from the National Library) as well as a pile of travel magazines because I'm desperate to take a mini break. I need a getaway/ vacation/ holiday! Any suggestions, people? I also found a 1972 book about Virginia Woolf, written and drawn by Richard Kennedy A Boy at the Hogarth Press. Mr Kennedy worked with the Woolfs as an intern in the 1928, and the book is wonderfully gossipy: Did you know that Leonard Woolf used proofs as toilet paper? Ewww... very British right? On a different note, I'm goggling at all the pretty stuff inside the huge Bulgari coffee table book. Liz Taylor really had some jewels I must say. Men were simply throwing diamonds at her!

No comments:

Post a Comment