14 October 2009

Good Thing: Dettol Hand Soap


When I saw it in the office pantry sink, I kind of couldn't take my eyes off it. Can you have a crush on liquid soap?
The sturdy bottle of Dettol Hand Soap just looked so efficient, no-nonsense and clean that I had to dash out at lunch to buy my own bottle. I felt elated to find it at the neighbourhood CK (love CK, don't you?), and for less than $5, just the best value for money item I bought in a decade. I couldn't wait to wash my (suddenly grubby) hands. I told B that the "10 times more protection" blurb on the label was truly convincing; He puffed out a smoke ring and said "compared to what?" 
It smells briskly medicinal, but mild, and a little blob goes a long way to a rich lather. The smell lingers but slightly, leaving nothing but wonderfully fluffy clean hands. Not hands entirely stripped of skin exactly, but clean and germless (the copy says it removes 99.9% of bacteria). 
I felt ready to perform surgery. 
Buy it. 

1 comment:

  1. you're borderline antiseptic. this is an issue. you used to be dirty.

    ReplyDelete