30 January 2010

Mrs C's Croco Kelly

Over the new year, Mrs C bought this vintage croco Kelly during her holiday in Tokyo. It was from a vintage store in Ginza filled floor to ceiling with all manner of Hermes bags, never, or hardly used. Mrs C said that Kane talked her into buying it, his menthol Marlboro hanging at a rakish angle from his mouth. I once looked into his Chanel bag - it was empty except for 11 packs of cigarettes.
"It's only $22 thousand anyway," said Mrs C, buttering her scone at the St Regis tea room. "A real steal."
I have to say it's gorgeous, one of the few croco bags that look really special. These bags can look common. But not Mrs C's: It's in three colours, black trimmed with two beautiful blues (navy and royal) and gold hardware. It's immaculate. The other croco I really liked was Mrs Tay's Birkin, in a dark malachite, almost black with palladium hardware.
It was stuffed full of shoes in cloth bags for a shoot.

6 comments:

  1. This is a truly lovely bag!

    The croco bug has bit me and I am trying to justify a little croco card holder in the prettiest yellow. So much money for such a little and essentially useless thing but I want it so badly!! Aiyoh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this lovely? it was made in the '80s and someone abandoned it, in mint condition... the royal blue is sooo gorgeous!
    anyways, why don't u save up on the cardholder and buy something like a clutch later??? Or croco shoe? That would be so nice!
    I must say I never cud understand the appeal of 'ostrich' as an exotic skin can you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous vintage bag!
    i have one ostrich b, my husband says my bag looks like it got chicken pox. so definitely my last ostrich lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady R: I NEVER could understand ostrich. It's kind of hideous in ANY colour. Mr R is quite the fashion critic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, Mrs Tay and I are going to Tokyo together in 10 days so pls give us the details of the vintage store in Ginza (i am guessing its the same one that u told Ms X to check out?)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL omg u gals r gonna hv such fun! OK, yes will text u...

    ReplyDelete