28 March 2010

Monday Madness: Serge Lutens

Serge Lutens (born 14 March 1942) is a French perfumeur, photographer, filmmaker, hair stylist, perfume art-director and fashion designer. In 1967 Dior commissioned Lutens to create a makeup line.
In 1980, Shiseido hired Mr Lutens to develope their product image. Throughout the 1980s he shot various advertising campaigns and films for this beauty brand and designed makeup lines and packaging. These works won him two Lions d’Or at the International Advertising Film Festival. In 1982, Shiseido commissioned Lutens to create a fragrance called Nombre Noir. In the early 1990s Lutens opened the Les Salons du Palais Royal, a house of perfume in Paris. The rest is at the beauty counters. I heart Serge Lutens and he makes some of my favourite perfumes.

4 comments:

  1. so good hor, even after all these years. really original and inspiring. need to wear this makeup and go meeting. BTW, quick thank me for teaching you to upload youtube :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un Bois Vanille, my daily staple ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Arabie; It's not exactly a staple for me but something I return to again and again. I'm now wearing Chanel's Beige.
    I LOVE the salon at Palais Royale!

    ReplyDelete