25 April 2010

Military Monday

Researching a project which required imagery with a 'military' theme, I discovered that more than a few of my favourite movies were actually 'war' movies. A classic in this genre, and still haunting and poetic today is Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. There are too many iconic images from this film and the music defines 'haunting'.Rescue Dawn shortened a tedious plane ride for me and has since floated in my mind as something weirdly compelling, as only a Werner Herzog movie can be, plus it has Christian Bale, looking hollow and hungry like a wolf.A Thin Red Line may simply be one of my top movies of all time. I discovered Jim Caviezel in the dark one rainy afternoon in a cineplex in Jurong.And if you haven't watched the classic Apocalypse Now, what are you waiting for?

1 comment: