24 June 2010

Men's Spring 2011: Top 5 Milan

For the Milan season, these are my top 5 collections, in order of merit:

1. Ermenegildo Zegna Crisply cool, intelligent, elegant without being stuffy or heavy. What's there not to like? I want it all.
2. Dolce & Gabanna A surprisingly subtle, beautiful collection with none of the usual powder pink histrionics. I truly love the beige granny pants 1930s underwear.
3. Bottega Veneta The usual regal sensuality, and the colours! The shorts!
4. Prada Memorably perverse; And those new fierce blonde boys...
5. Jil Sander I almost went for Burberry Prorsum actually, but those easy black suits did it for me.
Burberry Prorsum, which I also like very much comes in at number 6. So which were your favourite collections and why?

8 comments:

  1. I really heart the shirt-blazer-shorts combo...a throwback to what we used to wear growing up...hmm...I wonder if I can still carry this look...
    Neja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neja: Of course you can! And yes, many of the collections referenced the early 1980s... before it all got too trashy for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gianfranco ferre! mm

    ReplyDelete
  4. amc

    prada of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'I truly love the beige granny pants 1930s underwear.'

    haha what unique taste you have. but wouldn't you agree that it's an exceedingly challenging piece of undergarment and very few 'real life' people would be able to get away with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon: I'm very 'real life' and i think i will look very nice in it but that's not the point i suppose. the point is that its against the grain of what is currently deemed 'sexy underwear' (just look at ck x) and seems modest and unassuming, genteel even, if ever underwear can be deemed genteel, and that's really why i like it so much. it doesn't look/ feel 'gay', if you know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men's linen really is the in thing for men's clothing this summer and I like the photos you've posted above - pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete