26 October 2010

Now Burning: Diptyque Lilas

For the rainy nights, I'm now burning Diptyque's Lilas (Lilac) candle. It's indolent and sweet, yet crisp and fresh. And though it's floral, it's not heavy, touched as it is by a green note. I bought this the last time I was in Paris, and I remember taking a taxi down the Boulevard Saint Germain from the Bon Marche and then walking back to the apartment on rue du Seine. I bought a fan-shaped banana and Nutella crepe from a streetcart and ate it greedily, the Diptyque paper bag heavy with perfumed treasures.
On that note, and still thinking perfumed candles, Tom Ford is now making candles.
HHH said: "I wish he would make underwear!" Which left me wondering if he would wanted to buy and wear Tom Ford underwear or was anticipating the underwear ads. It's quite ambiguous, you have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment