16 December 2010

He Said She Said: Aunty Karla

“At Chanel, people don’t know limits. That’s the secret of the success of Chanel.”

"I have no personal feeling about my work, you know. It’s a job I do, I try to do.I cannot get ecstatic over something I did."

"The minute it’s shown, it’s over. I’m happy people like it and I think it’s the biggest compliment you can have in fashion, but myself, I’m the poor boy who has to make the next one."

"I don’t make dresses for myself, so I need the inspiration of girls like Ines, like Stella, like Freja and I put a few boys. The Chanel jacket is like the jeans or the white shirt and the black jacket. It’s the base of people’s dressing. But you cannot make a show only with that. So the main Chanel has to follow fashion, but there has to be an element they can find back all the time, like the quilted bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment