02 August 2011

Jackie's Capri


Tod's sent me this book just last week and I must say it's one one of the things that really delighted and inspired me! It's a catelogue from the Tod's sponsered exhibition in Capri called “JACKIE’S CAPRI”. The exhibition is a selection from the photographs taken by the papparazo (one of scores that dogged her every move)Settimio Garritano during Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis’s frequent visits to Capri from 1969 through 1972. The evocative pictures capture moments of Jackie’s habitual pastimes on the island: frequenting shops, cafés and restaurants, with her husband Aristotle Onassis, her two children John-John and Caroline Kennedy, and various friends, during walks and visits to Capri’s historic sites and legendary attractions. I had the good fortune to be in Capri in 2009 and I bought, and still wear, many of the Capri sandals made by the same cobblers that Jackie O frequented! She had such style!

No comments:

Post a Comment