05 October 2012

ARE YOU MISS WU?

"Instead of just doing 'Jason Wu-for-less,' the idea is to explore the other side of myself. I always see Jason Wu as my aesthetic, my design sensibility. Miss Wu is my personality. It was really fun to explore that facet of who I am - slightly more downtown, and with a more relaxed attitude." - Jason Wu
First Lady Mobama is actually the first person to be photographed wearing a dress from Miss Wu, the Jason Wu diffusion line slated to hit Nordstrom stores January 2013. It's a big endorsement for something very dubious. I like the name Miss Wu, but I'm actually not sure if there's a need for another line from this designer when his eponymous first line still seems so immature. Has Wu a "design sensibility" or "aesthetic" yet? 
One rather wonders what it is. 
A USD 680 satin clutch from the Miss Wu line: The owl logo is cute, as cute as Mr Wu is, but is it as cute as USD 680?

No comments:

Post a Comment