21 March 2009

Terrible Teriyaki Chicken

$6
The teriyaki chicken from smelly shop downstairs is truly terrible. It's not food. I took two anxious bites because I was really hungry and threw the thing into the waste basket, only eating the soggy chips. Not only did the chicken taste like uncooked, lumpy blubber, the entire sloppy thing came soaking through the paper napkin. The sauce is like a strangely-coloured salty slime.

$70
Marc Jacobs Blush smells revolting, like a car deodorant gone very wrong. It's like week-old curry, thambi-rank, cloying and tenacious, making me feel like I ought to apologise to the taxi uncle.

$29
The Sony digital clock/radio displays, not time, but heiroglyphics only three weeks after I removed the bubble wrap and plugged it in. The radio still works, but just, as the BBC is so static-ky it makes me feel like I have stroke. I thought it's because I have bad karma with machinery, but really, it's just bad quality.

$300 + $5
My new designer jeans have come back from the tailor hanging an inch above my ankles. And I took the pain to pin it all around. Now I can't even wear it, unless I cut them into shorts, but whoever wears cut-offs these days?

1 comment: