20 March 2009

Weekend Reading List


It's been a while since I read E M Forster, so this weekend I'm going to read Howard's End, which I loved as a kid. And I really liked the Merchant and Ivory movie of this book. I do so miss E M Forster books and I do so miss Merchant Ivory productions. Did you know that Zadie Smith's On Beauty is based on Howard's End? I resisted reading Zadie Smith for ages because of those pictures of her in all the magazines: She looked too beautiful to be a good writer. But I was given On Beauty and once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. So gifted and so pretty, my goodness! It's a superb book. Anyways, I finally watched CNN Revealed on Carine Roitfeld and found it not as in-depth as I would have liked. But I love what her kiddies (Vladimir is super cute, Julia's American accent sounds stupid) say about her, and what she says about her family. And that shoot with the farm animals? I don't think so...

2 comments:

  1. why do i feel very shallow and bimbotic after reading this post? i must gravitate towards the kind of gravitas you display here. i'm afraid i'm just silly and base most of the time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur silly for thinking this way. stop it!

    ReplyDelete