21 June 2009

Bouquet for the Week

Basket of Roses
Vase with Roses

Dijon Roses
White Roses
Pink and Yellow Roses

I want to thank you all for all your lovely comments, and I'm very excited to see that the blog will soon register 10,000 hits. I installed the blog counter in April, and it's one of those things that I watch obsessively (am I eccentric?) now. Keep reading, commenting and clicking... I wonder which one of you will be the 10,000th? The rose paintings are by my own favourite Henri Fantin-Latour, French of course, who has never been classed together with the top Impressionists. He's simply not fashionable, considered prim and Victorian. But I heart Fantin-Latour big time!
Eleanor Roosevelt: "I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: "no good in a bed but fine up against a wall."

No comments:

Post a Comment