23 October 2009

Weekend Reading List





To calm down over recent family drama, I'm reading an old favourite, F Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby; It's weirdly comforting, in part because I already know it well, all the drama contained are predictable. I read it for the language and rythmn, which are soothingly familiar. I finally met M (my ex-boss) over at the Paragon over tea, and we talked about everything that's happening now, and plans for the future, catching up, never once looking back. Things really have changed. M gave me a book, a belated birthday present, The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman, and I'm going through this quickly: A great discovery! It's a beautiful book, mostly paintings, with cryptic scrawls, snaps, with tender autobiographical bits, very much scrapbook style, my style; Initially, it's cute, but the words aren't, but the entire effect is uplifting, which is what I need at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment