23 November 2010

Now Burning: Book Smelling Bougie

"With all the things I know, one could write a book. Although, one might also say that, considering all that I don't know, one could create a library." - Sacha Guitry
If you are like me and love candles AND books, you'll agree that it makes perfect sense (scents!) for Paris publisher Assouline to make a range of scented candles for bibliophiles called Book Scented Candles which includes Bibliothèque, Wood, Havana and Leather. They are meant to evoke the unique fragrance of a library, and the reading experience. (Price: USD 45)
Wood, for instance smells of a wood-paneled library; Leather distills the soft smell of leather, comfortable leather couches, the scent of an old manuscript. The candle glasses come inscribed with book-related sayings, such as these. "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - Groucho Marx"Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have left me." - Anatole FranceProsper Assouline of Assouline Books
"God is a smoker of Havana cigars. I see his grey clouds. I know that he smokes even at night." Serge Gainsbourg

No comments:

Post a Comment