It's not a pretty picture, and the numbers paint a gloomy picture for traditional media. Here's how fashion magazines fared this September compared to last September, according to statistics from the American Audit Bureau of Circulations:
• Harper's Bazaar up 22 percent to 255,000 copies. Cover: Jennifer Aniston
• Glamour up 1 percent to 624,000 copies. Cover: Jennifer Lopez
• Marie Claire up 1 percent to 338,273 copies. Cover: Mary-Kate Olsen
• Vogue down 5.5 percent to 540,000 copies. Cover: Halle Berry
• InStyle down 6 percent to 800,000 copies. Cover: Hilary Swank
Despite experiencing the worst dip in this category, they still sold the most copies.
• Elle down 10 percent to 390,000 copies. Cover star: Julia Roberts
• W down 14 percent to 30,000 copies. Cover: Yaya DaCosta, Jennifer Lawrence, Greta Gerwig, Kat Dennings, Jessica Chastain, Emma Roberts, Zoë Kravitz and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.