14 October 2009

Boyzone: Death In Majorca

Bulgarian Georgi Dochev has admitted that he discovered Stephan Gately's (33) body pale and lifeless on the sofa in a luxury Majorcan apartment last Saturday. Gately's civil partner, Andrew Cowles, was in the bedroom with Georgi, while the Boyzone star - who rarely drank - slept alone on the couch in the living room. Stephan had been introduced to internet entrepreneur Andrew, by Elton John's partner David Furnish. Within weeks of their meeting in 2003, they 'married' while on holiday in Las Vegas.

Andrew claims to be "inconsolable". He said that he would never forgive himself: 'I feel that my life is over. What hurts most is that he was only yards from me in the room next door and I didn't even know he was slipping away. If only I had gone in to check him'.

Meanwhile Georgi, 25, said: 'I woke the husband. I am in shock and I'm ill with it. I haven't had a wink of sleep since. I don't think I will ever get over this'. Detectives believe all three returned to the couple's home in the upmarket resort of Andratxa from the Black Cat bar in Palma, at 4am. While Stephan slept on the sofa, the other two spent the night in a bedroom. In the morning, the Andrew and his "friend" got up late and at around 1pm they left the bedroom. It was Georgi who discovered Stephen, who was still wearing his pyjamas, but very white and cold. It will be some days before toxicology reports reveal how much Stephan had drunk that night and whether any drugs were involved.

Source: The Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment